INSTRUCTIONS AND QUILTING TIPS
QUILTING TIPS AND INFORMATION
Below is a list of quilting tips and information. When you click on the topic you will receive more information. Topics will be added as information is shared with the web manager.
Make scrappy quilts using tissue paper and scraps. Using long strips of scraps and foundation piece them onto tissue paper (which stabilizes them). Trim them to the same size and assemble into a quilt or pot holders, etc.
Use your quilting ruler to accurately position fussy cuts on fabric. Put the clear ruler over the character that you are going to fussy cut and mark around roughly the shape with a Sharpie. When you move the ruler to the next character, just line up the rough shape with the character. When you are finished, Goo Gone will take the Sharpie mark off the ruler.
Wash smaller pieces of fabric by hand in a basin and dry them in a salad spinner.
- Block of the Month for 2013 -14
- Folding and Storing Quilts
- Instructions for Hot Dog Pillowcases
- Instructions for making Tote Bags from Coffee Bags, Frozen Fruit or Vegetable Bags
- Instructions for making Tote Bags from Tassimo Bags
- Instructions from Nancy Trowbridge for finishing and binding techniques.
Fidget Quilt Instructions:
Instructions for February 2016 projects that were presented at the meeting.